Organized and Beautiful – Home Office Make-Over on a Thrift Store Budget
Home Office Desk Top = work space; not storage space
- What this Home Office needs: drawer, file cabinet, book case, storage closet
- Some people do fine working from their couch or in a virtual office surrounding like Starbucks. For those of you who like a traditional office environment, here’s how to get it!
- Check our the full video showing each component by clicking the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwDnvC7L4I
- Stackers love to pile things on their desk and every other flat space. This Stacker’s office and desk were missing drawers, file cabinet, shelves, storage. Here’s how we fixed that.
- Ikea desk top = ours $125+ new; buy at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $15.
- Metal base/legs commercial = ours $100+ new; buy used at flea market or garden store for $15, prime and paint.
- Mini file cabinet = ours $100+ new; buy used at thrift store, for $15-20, remove casters so it doesn’t tip over when you open file drawer. Prime and paint to match your color theme.
- Book case = ours new $100; buy used at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $8-$10. Prime and paint to match your walls to harmonize with your overall palette.
- It’s great if you have a closet. We added shelves to the broom closet for our bulky items and supplies — sharing it with the family vacuum cleaner. A small price to pay for shelves. Here’s where bulky items go so they don’t clutter up your desk. Adding a hook is a great place for things with handles. Easy to grab and go.
Please let me know if you liked today’s blog! Thank you. Thalia
Thalia Poulos is a nationally renowned Professional Organizer, Speaker and Author with over 20 years of experience in the Professional Organizing field. She offers organizing services in Temecula, Murrieta, Rainbow and Rancho Santa Fe in California. Contact Thalia about your organizing project today by calling 760-519-9975.