Organized and Beautiful – Home Office Make-Over on a Thrift Store Budget
Home Office Desk Top = work space; not storage space
- What this Home Office needs: drawer, file cabinet, book case, storage closet
- Some people do fine working from their couch or in a virtual office surrounding like Starbucks. For those of you who like a traditional office environment, here’s how to get it!
- Check our the full video showing each component by clicking the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQwDnvC7L4I
- Stackers love to pile things on their desk and every other flat space. This Stacker’s office and desk were missing drawers, file cabinet, shelves, storage. Here’s how we fixed that.
- Ikea desk top = ours $125+ new; buy at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $15.
- Metal base/legs commercial = ours $100+ new; buy used at flea market or garden store for $15, prime and paint.
- Mini file cabinet = ours $100+ new; buy used at thrift store, for $15-20, remove casters so it doesn’t tip over when you open file drawer. Prime and paint to match your color theme.
- Book case = ours new $100; buy used at Habitat for Humanity Restore for $8-$10. Prime and paint to match your walls to harmonize with your overall palette.
- It’s great if you have a closet. We added shelves to the broom closet for our bulky items and supplies — sharing it with the family vacuum cleaner. A small price to pay for shelves. Here’s where bulky items go so they don’t clutter up your desk. Adding a hook is a great place for things with handles. Easy to grab and go.
Please let me know if you liked today’s blog! Thank you. Thalia