Now that I Have a Place for Everything How do I Keep it that Way?
The big question people ask during presentations or one-on-one is “I got Organized — now, how do I keep it this way”?
After we declutter, donate, organize with great products, go vertical and create systems, my clients sometimes tell me…
“I’ve been here before – and then it falls apart and I’m back where I started. How can I maintain this?”
A few dos and don’ts:
Remember – you now have a place for everything
- Do slow down
- Do take the time to maintain your organized space daily
- Do create the body ritual habit of putting things back where you got them
- Do continually donate and monitor your buying patterns
- Do give yourself kudos for your progress
- Don’t use the floor as a dumping ground
- Don’t use Pinterest perfect as your standard
Spend 15 minutes per day maintaining your system. Love your system and it will love you back!