A Professional Organizer’s Tips for Book Lovers — Unpacking Your Books
Photography by Yelena Yahontova, Photographer of Joy
OK, you’ve moved and now you face lots of boxes to be unpacked. This blog focuses on your beloved books.
– Envision the space as you’d like to see and use it.
– Be sure you have ample shelving because you’ll need a proper place for everything.
– Determine whether you need to purge (in case you didn’t do it before the move). Set those items aside in an empty box to donate.
– Work off of a large work table rather than the floor to save your back and knees.
– Use a box cutter to open each box, empty contents onto table, break the box down, put it against a wall and lay any packing paper flat under the table.
– Arrange books on the shelves in such a way that it makes sense to your brain. Some people like to arrange their books by color and size rather than topic or author.
– Leave some space empty for beautiful collections of art pieces.
– Sit back, have a cup of tea and enjoy your books!